resizing?

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:10:24 CDT 2005

Robert Shearman wrote:

> Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>
>> I want to copy from a raw bitmap stream which is (capBox->width) x
>> (capBox->height) (24 bits) to (capBox->outputwidth) x
>> (capBox->outputheight) (also 24 bits), if you can argue about
>> HAVE_V4L2 this should be easy :) I *really* need this fixed, any info
>> is greatly appreciated.. gluScaleImage seemed ideal, but a qcap
>> linking to glu32 would never make it to the wine source.. so a more
>> windows-compliant(TM) solution(R) is required, since I'm a disaster
>> in win32 programming best would be instant code of which i only need
>> to change variable names or something (yet ironically enough i know
>> too much of com, directshow & devenum already :-\ )
>

> This shouldn't be needed. A filter should any resizing, but I don't
> remember there being a resize filter in DirectShow.
>
> Rob

As far as I can tell, there is no resize filter, I checked graphedit and
couldn't find one in the filter list even with native quartz, so I'm
still interested in software resizing, I could just do clipping or
filling with nulls, but there should be a better way, if I can't find it
though I'll use clip/zero fill, my webcam doesn't need it but it would
be nice for others...