[DInput] Fix 'peek' code for mouse (S3 problem)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun May 8 06:44:32 CDT 2005

Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2005 20:46 schrieb Lionel Ulmer:
> > I just noticed that S3 has a registry setting called "GDIMouse". This
> > setting is reflected by the "use colored mouse pointer(if possible)" /
> > "use monochrome mouse pointer" settings. ("Benutze farbigen
> > Mauszeiger(wenn möglich)" and "Benutze monochrimen Mauszeiger" in my
> > German version). Changing this Setting has no effect on S3 in Wine. I
> > suppose S3 fails to draw its own mouse pointer in Wine and falls back to
> > the GDI one.
>
> In that case, you need to do a +dinput,+cursor,+ddraw,+event trace to see
> if it puts DInput in 'EXCLUSIVE' mode and also if there are no cursor calls
> once the game starts (as there is no need to change the GDI cursor if the
> game is using its own).
Well I've attached another log if you're interested, but I looked at it and S3
still puts Dinput in NONEXCLUSIVE mode. The ddraw mouse pointer causes a Blue
Screen of Death on my brothers Notebook(win2k), so I'd consider it somewhat
broken.

I just installed S3 in qemu 0.7.0 + win95, it doesn't bail out with a illegal
instruction any more, but the copy protection seems to be broken, the game
can't find the CD.

Stefan