Bug 2131 - 16-bit support?

Dustin Navea speeddymon at gmail.com
Sun May 8 16:11:56 CDT 2005

Andreas Mohr wrote:
> Do we want to throw out the baby with the bath water?
> In this case it's an obvious conflict between 16bit and 32bit, and note that
> it's even with a very rarely used DLL, thus it's easy to give up on it.
>
> In all other cases in which 16bit and 32bit can happily co-exist I don't see
> much reason why we should discard 16bit support.

hmm.  I see your point, but at the same time, if we are trying to mimic
windows, while still keeping the 16-bit code in there, shouldnt we just
not work on it as much (like we are doing currently)?

Basically, the way I see it, vendors are stressing themselves with
making 64-bit versions of their programs, as well as keeping their
32-bit versions going, so they are probably going to scrap 16-bit
support in the near future, if they haven't already.  Why should we
continue developing something that is being phased out by the guys that
create the need for this project in the first place?

Dustin