Commercial support

gslink gslink at one.net
Mon May 9 09:01:21 CDT 2005

I recently took the list of applications from headquarters that are
listed as running properly and found that many of these are available
for little cost.  I bought a few and tried to run them.  Not a one ran
as is from the box.  I was able to get all of them to run with some
trouble.  One big problem I see with Wine is that there is no good
testing.  As versions progress things quit running and the author has no
way of knowing.  I have no good solution for this problem but I suspect
that it needs attention.  It is, of course, part of the documentation
problem.  It is not in the nature of programmers to document their work.