Bug 2131 - 16-bit support?

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon May 9 14:14:51 CDT 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 05:06:31PM +0200, Andreas Mohr wrote:
> People are often migrating to Linux PRECISELY BECAUSE newer Windows versions
> are no alternative to them any more (old machines with insufficient
> performance/compatibility with newer Windows versions).
> And we better make sure we support their *older* Windows applications
> to some extent in that case.

Oh well, last time I wanted to get a patch by Alexandre saying 'that works
perfectly fine in Win98' he answered me 'but it's wrong in Win2K' and did
not commit it :-)

So basically, correctness comes before the need to support old applications
(and I know of at least 3 or 4 game demos which do not work on Win2K / WinXP
anymore - of these only one actually still work in Wine).

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/