APPDB: Half-Life and Counter-Strike with WINE

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Mon May 9 21:35:01 CDT 2005

If you would like to submit a version please do so.  In your case you
submitted an entire application that was a duplicate, and when I rejected it
the version submission implicitly created when submitting an application was
also deleted.  If there was a particular place that was confusing please
mention it, we want to ensure that the appdb documentation is as clear as
possible.

Do we even need to have the retail version of CS in appdb?  Nearly all CS
servers upgrade when new versions come out as bugs and exploits are fixed in
older versions.  I don't think we want to list every version that CS has ever
released, this means we would have a forum, description and an entry for each
CS release?  That seems like a bit much.  Typically we bundle similar
versions together.  If you would like to add specific testing results for the
retail version I think you should do so in the existing Counter-Strike
version entry.  A common method is a table similar to that in the version
template where the first column is the version of CS, the second the version
of wine and the rest like the normal testing table.

Chris