Extending File Dialog to include unix file paths [4/4]

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri May 13 05:48:09 CDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Steven Edwards wrote:
[...]
> But your defining UnixFSGetOpenFileNameW in the spec file so the import library will still have
> that function listed so if I link a dll to that import library its going to fail on Windows even
> if I am not calling that function.

No, that should not happen. If an application links with a library that
exports funcA() and funcB() but it only calls funcA(), then it will only
import funcA() and it will work on a system where that library only
exports funcA().

We use this in many conformance tests: the test links normally with the
dll and calls the functions that are found on all platforms directly.
However for the APIs found on only some platforms it uses
GetProcAddress() so the test will not import those. And even if the test
is compiled on a platform where the dll has all the APIs, it still works
on platforms where the dll is missing some of them because it does not
import those APIs.

                  There are 10 types of people in the world...