winefile

Jacek Caban jack at itma.pwr.wroc.pl
Fri May 13 15:43:17 CDT 2005

Hi.

Martin Fuchs wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I want to merge some Robert Dickenson's version of winfile (derived from the old winefile code in 2002) in the next time into winefile. At the same time I want to keep the code it in sync between the ReactOS code base and Wine.
>
>What do you think about splitting the source file into several smaller modules?
>winefile.c is quite large with its 4223 lines.
>
>   Martin

I don't know the Robert Dickenson's version of winfile, but in my
opinion we should decide about the
future of winefile. We're planning to add a new explorer application. In
fact the reason to add it is that we
need a separate process for shell usage, but I think it would be nice to
make it an explorer-file-browser as well.
This explorer should be designed to be similar with the windows version
so that applications that need it could
work. It means that winefile could be replaced by explorer and I'd not
invest too much time in winefile. It's just
my vision of future, in my opinion the best for Wine.

Jacek