list: make LIST_FOR_EACH_ENTRY look more like a for loop

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu May 19 07:42:38 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com> writes:

> I've always been a bit confused about the parameters to the
> list macros. If you don't use them much (which I didn't) it's
> hard to remember them. I think it would be best if we are
> consistent with other for loops out there.

I think they are perfectly consistent as they are. The common form of
a for loop is something like 'for cursor in list', that's also what
LIST_FOR_EACH does, so it makes sense to have LIST_FOR_EACH_ENTRY do
the same. The extra 2 parameters are implementation details about the
object structure, that are just fine at the end.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org