rundll32.exe - interface: SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Mon May 23 01:21:41 CDT 2005

"Detlef Riekenberg" <wine.dev at web.de> wrote:

> While implementing this Functions, I have some Question for the
> Interface of:
>
> shell32.dll SHHelpShortcuts_RunDLL*
>
> 1. HWND hwnd
> 2. DWORD dwArg2
> 3. LTCSTR szCommand / LPCWSTR wszCommand
> 4. DWORD dwArg4
>

> Question for 2:
> What is this Parameter for?
> (Seems to always be 0x77d8000. => last ptr for winvdm.exe)
>
> Question for 3:
> What Parameter / Which Commands did you knew?
> FontsFolder
> PrintersFolder
> AddPrinter
> PrintTestPage
> Connect
> Disconnect
>

> Question for 4:
> What is this Flags-Parameter for?
> (Seems to always be 0xa.)

I think that answers to most of the above questions you could find by
taking rundll32.exe from win2k or XP, feeding all kinds of different
arguments and running it under Wine with +relay,+snoop trace.

Google(-groups) knows something as well:

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,SHHelpShortcuts_Ru-nDLL PrintersFolder

--
Dmitry.