Translate the WineFAQ to French (gettext)

Detlef Riekenberg wine.dev at web.de
Mon May 23 23:18:31 CDT 2005

Am Montag, den 23.05.2005, 13:18 +0200 schrieb Francois Gouget:

> >>Can we easily patch it to get rid of it? We don't need localized
> >>messages, maybe we can provide a dummy gettext.pm?
> >
> > For the winetools shell-script, i use this function, ...
>
> po4a is all perl so this does not work.

See my words below the Code
"... but pearl is not my language." :-)

The Code was just a hint, that it was very easy to modify this part in
winetools 2.1.1 for wt3 in such a way, that it does not break, if
"gettext" is not installed on the system.
The user does not need to install a fake "gettext.sh", the
buildin-Version works without a Message (bash). When using ash as shell,
it works also, but give you a warning-message.

Very Simple, but not done before.

> So I'd prefer to
> add a configure test to tell users which perl modules they are missing.

Or let configure create the fake modules and a po4awrapper that use the
system-installed or the fake modules, depending what is found on the
system "--without-included-fakes" :-).

--
By By ...
      ... Detlef