Write problem with MS Office 2003

Michael Jung mjung at iss.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 24 14:27:26 CDT 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 22:45, Stefan Dösinger wrote:
> On an write-protected
> folder, this check still succeeds(the read-only flag is removed).

This is from ntdll/directory, line 792:

if (!(st.st_mode & (S_IWUSR | S_IWGRP | S_IWOTH)))
    info->FileAttributes |= FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY;

So the readonly flag is set only if nobody (not even the file owner or members
of the file owner's group) have read privileges.

So it's not a problem in the shell folders, it's a problem in ntdll. I wonder
if this is correctly implemented. Should'nt we check if the current user has
read privileges? Or is this the behaviour that windows shows on an ntfs
filesystem?

Bye,
--
Michael Jung