Write problem with MS Office 2003

Juan Lang juan_lang at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 16:40:58 CDT 2005

--- Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> Checking against This->pidlRoot makes writing work.
<snip>
> Is the attached patch correct?

That appears as if it would work.  Although I must say my curiosity isn't
quite satisfied.  There's the comment in shlfldr_fs.c about dwAttributes,
saying it should be used.  And yet it's never initialized.

So it seems to me you could remove dwAttributes and the bad comment next
to it, or you could:
- initialize it in Initialize and InitializeEx, using
SHELL32_GetItemAttributes with This->pidlRoot
- use This->dwAttributes in fnGetAttributesOf when cidl == 0
The latter way would be more performant perhaps.

Also, whichever method you choose, please make sure to make the same
change in the remaining implementations of IShellFolder.

Thanks,
--Juan