Bug 469 - Application can not read from serial port

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed May 25 02:53:25 CDT 2005

    Vitaliy> As of two month ago I had a problem with asynch reading from
    Vitaliy> serial port.  Synchronous reading worked.  Don't know if it
    Vitaliy> indeed fixed or not (don't have access to the hardware and
    Vitaliy> software anymore).

    Vitaliy> Vitaliy

    Vitaliy> Tuesday, May 24, 2005, 11:40:29 PM, you wrote:

    >> Hey guys, this one was (obviously) reported a while back, and the
    >> offending patch was found a while back as well, but it appears that
    >> mike (at codeweavers dot com) never was able to get around to it..

I still have problems with reading the serial port (Writefile with timeout
and wo overlapping features, ClearCommerrors to get the size of the recieve
queue, and depending on the size of the inQueue some read operation), as I
understand in sync mode. Ther application is AVRPROG from the AVRSTUDIO
(www.atmel.com). At the moment, the external device is connected via an
(built-in) FT232 USB/Serial adapter.

I will try to reproduce with a shorted serial cable. Keep you informed.

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de