[wintest] tests not executed

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Fri May 27 15:28:15 CDT 2005

Am Freitag, 27. Mai 2005 05:11 schrieb James Hawkins:
> On 5/26/05, Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camline.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > since this week i get a lot more messages "Can't parse subtest output of
> > .." when runnning winetest-latest.exe.
> >
> > The reason seems to be that the test executables with only one test
> > target (e.g advapi32_test.exe) do not longer list its targets when
> > started without target. Now the single target is performed.
>
> I'm not sure about the problem, but if you mean multiple targets as in
> multiple tests to run, then advapi32 has multiple targets (not sure if
> that will help you with the problem or not).  If that's not what you
> mean by target, then disregard this reply.

Hi,
i am sorry, it was late when i wrote the mail. I took the wrong executable
name. i meant advpack_test.exe as example. It has only one test target
(advpack). Older versions of the tests returned the list of targets when
running the test executable without target like below:

Usage: C:\TEMP\wct4\advpack_test.exe test_name

Valid test names:
    advpack

running current test executables with only one test target will perform this
single target:

advpack.c:40:kernel32.dll Language ID: 0x00000407, Codepage ID: 0x000004b0
advpack.c:48:kernel32.dll version: 4.0.1381.7095
advpack: 8 tests executed, 0 marked as todo, 0 failures.

This new behaviour breaks winetest because it uses the old behaviour to get
the test target.

The problem ist still in winetest-200505271000-paul-mingw.exe

Bye Stefan