Translate the WineFAQ to French

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Sat May 28 19:27:51 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
[...]
> Right, short term (3), then (2). However, I don't have a big
> problem to maintain _small_ changes in our tree. So for example,
> if they don't want to get rid of Text::WrapI18N and Term::ReadKey,
> I think we should get rid of them in our tree.

They response to my email regarding the Po4a dependencies was very
positive. They waid they were ok with making the Locale::gettext,
Text::WrapI18N and Term::ReadKey dependencies optional.

I have already sent a patch to make the Locale::gettext optional. I'll
do a patch for Text::WrapI18N and Term::ReadKey next but I'll wait a
little bit because the changes are in the same file and I'd like the
first part committed first.

So we will be left with SGMLS and nsgmls.

SGMLS is a pure perl module so the best is to just check it in. The
quick and dirty way would be to check it in as po4a/lib/SGMLS.pm. The
cleaner way would be to import the module in the SGMLSpm directory.

wget \
  http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/D/DM/DMEGG/SGMLSpm-1.03ii.tar.gz
tar xfz SGMLSpm-1.03ii.tar.gz
cd SGMLSpm
cvs -d ... import -ko -m "Import of SGMLSpm release 1.03ii" docs/SGMLSpm
SGMLSPM sgmlspm-1_03ii

Then we are just left with the nsgmls dependency which is packaged with
each distribution (it's either the sp, opensp, openjade or sgml-tools
package).

> Just let me know when you think we should have the next import
> from their CVS. If a release is close, we can wait for that.

The po4a team has been pretty responsive. They have already committed a
lot of my patches (9 of them so far). I need to rework the attribute
translation patch a bit but I hope I can get it in in the first half of
next week. I may also get the patch making Text::WrapI18N and
Term::ReadKey a soft dependency some time next week and once all this is
in I think we'll be ready to do a CVS import.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com