Translate the WineFAQ to French

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sat May 28 19:52:24 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 02:27 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> They response to my email regarding the Po4a dependencies was very
> positive. They waid they were ok with making the Locale::gettext,
> Text::WrapI18N and Term::ReadKey dependencies optional.

Beautiful. It is actually great that they are receptive to our
suggestions, I think it will help them too.

> SGMLS is a pure perl module so the best is to just check it in. The
> quick and dirty way would be to check it in as po4a/lib/SGMLS.pm. The
> cleaner way would be to import the module in the SGMLSpm directory.

If it's only a file, maybe the quick and dirty method is simpler.
What about suggesting to the po4a folks that _they_ do the import
in their tree?

> Then we are just left with the nsgmls dependency which is packaged with
> each distribution (it's either the sp, opensp, openjade or sgml-tools
> package).

Yeah, that's cool. Isn't this the same package we need anyway to process
our SGML?

> The po4a team has been pretty responsive. They have already committed a
> lot of my patches (9 of them so far). I need to rework the attribute
> translation patch a bit but I hope I can get it in in the first half of
> next week. I may also get the patch making Text::WrapI18N and
> Term::ReadKey a soft dependency some time next week and once all this is
> in I think we'll be ready to do a CVS import.

Perfect! World domination is at hand... :)

This is great Francois, thanks for doing all the hard work on getting
this cleaned up properly. It's important to simplify things, as
translation is the type of project where we can expect less technical
people to contribute. And we really don't want to scare them off.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.