err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x40407e50

J. Grant jg at jguk.org
Sun May 29 15:13:02 CDT 2005

Hi, I am getting this underrun when running Call of Duty v1.5.

fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x2): stub, harmless.
fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum
fixme:mmtime:timeEndPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum
fixme:mmtime:timeBeginPeriod Stub; we set our timer resolution at minimum
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x2): stub, harmless.
fixme:powermgnt:SetThreadExecutionState (0x2): stub, harmless.
err:dsound:DSOUND_MixOne underrun on sound buffer 0x40407e50

It turned out there were some processes hanging around, wine server and also

/usr/lib/wine/wine-preloader /usr/lib/wine/wine-pthread ./CoDMP.exe

Killing them and re-starting allowed it to work.  I wonder if that err a
WINE
problem?  as CoDMP.exe has workd flawlessly since. Maybe something to do
with
the existing wine-preloader left running? (Is that process left running a
known problem..?)

Kind regards
JG
--