Half Life 2 error -- err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Sun May 29 18:56:42 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 21:10 +0100, J. Grant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am getting this error when trying to run Half Life2 in
> err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA.  Could someone tell me if this is a problem in
> in WINE, or a problem in my setup? Or not an error at all..?
>
> Also if there is already a document on setting up Half Life2 could
> someone direct me to it please, I could not find one already.

I'm not sure about your specific error, but I was able to get HL2
to start with Oliver Stieber's d3d patches. However, it was far from
playable for me. Models were missing, and there were other glitches.
I made a web site about it, but nobody has contacted me since then
to help debug. For info, please see appdb
(http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?versionId=2890).

I really need to re-test all of this, but as of right now
wine cvs doesn't compile.

preloader.c: In function ‘is_in_preload_range’:
preloader.c:863: error: ‘union <anonymous>’ has no member named ‘a_ptr’
preloader.c:864: error: ‘union <anonymous>’ has no member named ‘a_ptr’
make[1]: *** [preloader.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/phantom/src/wine/loader'
make: *** [loader] Error 2

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University