Borland C++ 4.5

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Tue May 31 15:31:33 CDT 2005

I had a similar situation installing Dragon Nat. Speaking with
installshield. I thought the thing was hanging and infact it was popping
up a modal dlg with a yes/no or whatever and wine was failing to bring it
to the front.

If the BC installer is hogging the whole screen and you are getting a
similar disfunction in wine you may think it is hung when it is not.

There is a line in .wine/config that allows you to catch badly behaved
installers in 600x800 window so that you can still access the rest of the
system.

It's fairly unlikely that an installer will really cripple your kernel to
the point where you have to power-off.

HTH