Google "Summer of Code"

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Tue May 31 22:44:57 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 22:07 -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
> Dimi, my issue is that I don't think we want to set the bar
> too low.  I don't think an easy integration project is
> appropriate.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I at least think it would
> be cool if these led to some very meaningful and truly
> useful improvements to Wine, and perhaps to a new talented
> student getting hooked on Wine.

Well, I'm not opposed to your copy-protection idea, I just think its a
very special sort of project to ask of somebody. But this is all
irrelevant I think, we should setup a pool of projects so that
interested students can pick whatever tickles their fancy.

And yes, I agree the bar shouldn't be too low. But on the integration
page we have a number of cool, fun, not-all-that-easy projects that
would be very good for wine to have:
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/KernelHandleSupport
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/ThemingSupport
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/MozillaIntegration
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/DIBEngine
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/SingleSignOn
  * http://wiki.winehq.org/SoftWinelib

Also, we can add stuff like:
  * jscript.dll reimplementation using the Mozilla JScript
  * A new DLL maybe?

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.