Google "Summer of Code"

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue May 31 23:18:52 CDT 2005

Dimi Paun wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 20:44 -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
>
>>To be candid, I'm tempted to set
>>the bar a bit higher than with some of the other
>>student projects you've been working on (e.g. help Ivan
>>get copy protection working); is that out of line?

Sure, the bar should be higher than in the UCLA project,
where all the kids had to do was contribute one conformance test.

> That may be a bit much. However, a perfect set of candidates maybe the
> integration projects:
>     http://wiki.winehq.org/IntegrationProjects
>
> We have a full range from simple to complicated, and it has a good
> "feel" to them as they pull things together. It's all about cooperation,
> and it seems to me to fall perfectly well within the spirit of this
> initiative.

That's a nice list.  Can you link to it from
http://winehq.org/site/contributing#devel
?

Wikis are nice and all, but they're kind of like information
ghettos unless you link to them from the outside...