[d3d8] FillVertexShaderInputARBHW wrong color order for D3DCOLOR?

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Wed Nov 2 03:04:52 CST 2005

hiho,

i encountered the following problem with Live For Speed [1]: once i
setup my car and choose a color for it red and blue are swaped. also i
got a FIXME there from: dlls/d3d8/vshaderdeclaration.c:675 (the case for
D3DVSDT_D3DCOLOR).

so i tried various things to put data in the hardware, but none worked -
most of the time the car/game had simply extreme strange colors. so my
approach (the obvious: get data from curPos, honouring skip and put it
in my own 4 byte array, then call the glVertexAttribPointerARB with my
array and skip=0) does not work at all - especially because i really
dont have any clue about vertex shading at all, i guess.

my assumtion: opengl takes for the 4 bytes RGBA->XYZW and D3DCOLOR is
BGRA->XYZW (thats also what the software branch of this method wants).

any ideas?

--
cu