[d3d8] FillVertexShaderInputARBHW wrong color order for D3DCOLOR?

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 2 16:16:45 CST 2005

On Wednesday 02 November 2005 11:46, Christoph Frick wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:39:17AM +0100, fenix at club-internet.fr wrote:
> > You are right, it's a known problem.
> > See DirectDraw7 to Wined3d recent thread, it's related about
> > drawPrimitiveStriddedSlow. We have 3 solutions:
> >  - when app use VertexBuffer: precompilation of VB to be OpenGL compliant
> > on unlock - using vertex/pixel shaders to do the needed tricks
> >  - for each frame transform all colors in software before rendering
> > (yuckk)
>
> would you enlighten my, why i was not able to write my own data in the
> glVertex... method? because this is something precompiled and "source"
> is already somewhere in the graphics hardware and i can not write data
> from the heap into it?

because, as you said, it doesn't have the good format.
D3D format isn't supported by OpenGL (it's ARGB and we need it to be in RGBA,
see D3DCOLOR_* macros on d3d8_private.h)

Ex of msdn:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dx81_c/directx_cpp/Graphics/ProgrammersGuide/ProgrammablePipeline/VertexShaders/VSExample2.asp
http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dx81_c/directx_cpp/Graphics/Reference/CPP/D3D/ShaderMacros/D3DVSD_REG.asp

Regards,