Error in wine's implementation of msvcrt

David D. Hagood wowbagger at sktc.net
Sun Nov 6 14:44:55 CST 2005

There seems to be some form of error in the Wine implementation of
MSVCRT - with three separate programs (Delorme MapNGo 6.0, Delorme
Street Atlas 5, Microsoft Trip Planner 5), if I use Wine's builtin
MSVCRT, the programs do not work, but if I use the version of MSVCRT the
program supplies, they work.

I don't know much about what is going on, but I do know this: With the
Wine MSVCRT, the Delorme packages err trying to load a "vector font"
file that is supplied with the Delorme programs. This font file is read
by a DLL supplied by Delorme, and is a simple text file describing some
of the icons they use in their program (like a house, or a car, etc.).
Tracing the operation of the Wine MSVCRT shows that the whole file is
read by the DLL, and the DLL does not throw the error until EOF.

I conjecture that there is some difference in behavior between the Wine
MSVCRT on EOF and Microsoft's MSVCRT - what I have no idea.

OK, so anybody have any good idea on how I can get more information on this?