Segmentation Fault in wine cvs after 0.9

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Sun Nov 6 16:39:44 CST 2005

Mike McCormack schrieb:
> zhilla wrote:
>> http://gentoo-wiki.com/Safe_Cflags . if gentoo people claim these are
>> safe cflags, and it worked until couple days ago, then something is
>> definetly wrong, right?
>
> This is the wrong type of question for wine-devel, and better asked in
> Gentoo forums or wine-users.
heh?
why should that be discussed in gentoo forums?

And it's not like -fomit-frame-pointer is such a high-risky optimization flag.
Instead it is in general safe to use for 90% of applications out there( it basicly only
prevents that you get some useful debug traces, by saving a few instructions)
And like already stated, it used to work in wine too. Until some days ago.
So why shouldn't that reported here?

Just for the record:
I can confirm the segmentation fault(gcc 3.4.4), when compiled with -fomit-frame-pointer.
I will try to find out which patch has caused this.