The time of miracles...

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:29:36 CST 2005

> 1. Is it correct to just stop mucking about with the application's 4
> variables as done above?

I just had a brief chat with Javi S. Pedro (reporter of this bug).  It
wasn't clear from his original description which version of Wine he
previously used to test Trillian.  He seems to remember using the
version recommended by WineTools, which currently is 20041019.

Which means that it's probably the windowing system rewrite that
Alexandre Julliard did that broke things.

Patching winpos.c to not touch those 4 variables does not seem to
cause any other regressions (as far as I can see), so my immediate
thought is that this is the right and correct thing to do.

> I'd like it if any of the experts could step in here, so we can:
> * close bug 2658 and
> * open a new one about why the contact list window stays hidden ;).

The bug has 5 cc'ers and 21 votes, which makes it mildly popular.
Would be nice to have it fixed.
Can anyone comment on my approach in the patch?

> 2. How can I test the behaviour on Windows?

I still don't code C, so if anyone could step in with pointers, that'd be great.