DirectX 8 wrapper for wined3d

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Nov 7 10:34:44 CST 2005

> I've been able to play battlefield 1942 using X.org drivers.  I'm
> using latest cvs of about two weeks ago.
Do you mean wine CVS or X.org CVS? Which card?

> But I'm having the clippling problem again which I described in the
> thread Sept 3rd,
> Re: wined3d - d3d9 regression testing 7_12_2005
> where in certain instances, the game's screen moves 25% towards the
> top and left off the screen, and if you trigger it again, it does it
> more making it unplayable.  This time, vertex shaders being off does
> not fix it.  This is even without Oliver's new patch.
That's the same with the fglrx driver.

> Oh, BTW Oliver, I did try Warcraft 3 with the new patch and it is
> excellent.  Since you have the game you should try it out and see what
> you can figure out with it because it can use both opengl and d3d8.
There's no real improvement with Warcraft III in DX mode with the fglrx
driver, but I can confirm that it's working nicely with the X.org drivers. I
guess it's again the slowlyness of glReadPixels and friends :-(

Stefan