The time of miracles...

Molle Bestefich molle.bestefich at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:56:05 CST 2005

Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Molle Bestefich wrote:
> > Patching winpos.c to not touch those 4 variables does not seem to
> > cause any other regressions (as far as I can see), so my immediate
> > thought is that this is the right and correct thing to do.
>
> No, that's not right and not correct, you haven't even shown or investigated
> real windows behaviour, or a test case.

Sure I have.
Trillian starts correctly with the patch, as well as under Windows.
Also googling indicated that Windows does not change those variables.
I don't have an URL ready, sorry.  That's *some* evidence, although
it's not exactly fool-proof.

OTOH, there's absolutely no evidence that it's wrong.

So so far it does seem to be right / correct, as far as I can see.

I realize that you're criticizing my approach and not the patch.  I'd
like to produce a test case to be 100% sure and show you that it's
correct - but I'll need some pointers or URLs/google keywords to code
examples.  If you can help, please do..