cvswine can't find files

Coleman Jeremy D SrA 50 OSS/OSOT1 jeremy.coleman at schriever.af.mil
Tue Nov 8 13:10:08 CST 2005

I have been trying to use cvswine because it has the d3d9 patches
merged.  The problem I run into is that for some reason it is unable to
find required files (particularly dlls) even when run from within the
same directory.

I have seen this happen with the following programs so far.

Warcraft 3:  Can't find Game.dll
NFSU Demo:  Can't find d3d9.dll
Warhammer 40000 Dawn of War Demo:  Can't find spd3d9.dll

All of these files are present...  Warcraft works fine in cedega and
wine 0.9.  NFSU Demo works in Cedega.  Warhammer DoW runs with Cedega.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I can get cvswine with d3d9
to work, then my $5/mo for Cedega is likely to become a WineHQ paypal
donation.