[user] static.c: PaintIcon fix background colour

Michael Kaufmann hallo at michael-kaufmann.ch
Wed Nov 9 16:50:13 CST 2005

Hi,

>The current functionality is not correct either then. It works ok for
>a normal SS_ICON, but if you use SS_CENTERIMAGE with it, it paints the
>background around the icon where there should be no background.
>I will experiment with transparent icons and improve my patch.
>Thankyou for the info.

I've already created a little test program: Windows draws the background
behind the icon, but not the entire client area. It should be easy to
modify the existing code.

Your second patch (background for bitmaps in static controls) leaks the
handle of the brush if GetPixel succeeds.
If GetPixel fails you use the brush returned by SendMessage - but my
test program shows that Windows doesn't paint the background at all in
this case.

Regards
Michael