XEmbed Systray Support

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Thu Nov 10 01:49:29 CST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 11:32 +0530, Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:
> I have to Julliard regarding this, he still thinks that there should
> be some more work to be done on it. He did not mentioned what work is
> to be done.
Yeah, I have as well. He's yet to return my e-mail on that one.
> Well you should also see that if any one closes a systray application,
> any wine process should not be present after closing the app.
I have looked into the windows still being there after the program
exits. There aren't any zombie processes. It's just metacity not
properly cleaning up the windows. I found this out by running killall
metacity. After you do that, the windows disappear.
> Please check with ur apps on different WM's.
> We should also fix for GNOME, no hacks ;)
I've done that already. The work fine on other WM's but not GNOME, which
means it's probably a GNOME-specific issue. As such, putting in a fix
for GNOME only would probably qualify as a hack. I've even written a
native X  app to test this behavior and I get similar results with it.
Works good on XFce and IceWM but not on GNOME. As of yet, I haven't got
a clue ATM. Thanks for at least taking a look at the patch.

James