WINE.INF: Add timezone information to the registry.

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Fri Nov 11 07:01:24 CST 2005

Paul Vriens wrote:

> win98 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Time
> Zones
> NT4 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time
> Zones
> Win2K : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
> W2k3 : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones
> XP : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time
> Zones

I decided to put the TimeZones in what Wine called the %CurrentVersion%
key.  It's easy enough to change the program that generates the data to
put them in Windows NT\CurrentVersion if that's what is decided to be
correct.

While we're on the topic, should we add the timezone data extractor
program to Wine and run it to generate the data from the user's machine
at either build or run time, or manually update the information from
time to time?

Mike