Question about ~/.wine/dosdevices/

Peter Berg Larsen pebl at math.ku.dk
Sun Nov 13 13:46:34 CST 2005

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Brian Vincent wrote:

> > I am missing the idear behind how devices are suppose to work.

> If any of that documentation is unclear, let me know and I'll rewrite
> it to make it better.

I have read this, but is does not explain what the behavour is/suppose to
be when there exists an /mnt/windows. dosdevices/c: always points to
../drive_c. So the doc does not answer the questions I asked:

But how are dosdevices/c: related to my /mnt/windows? Are files first
looked up in dosdevices/c: and the in /mnt/windows/ if not found?

The reason I ask is that icewind dale on /mnt/windows/Program... does a
FindFirstFileA("C:/program...") which wine translates to dosdevice/c: and
ofcause does not find anything. Am I suppose to make a link to where the
program is installed, as if I had installed it with wine?
<<

When then program uses relative paths, wine translates it correctly to a
z: path.

Peter