CRYPT32/tests: don't crash on win98

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Mon Nov 14 04:23:33 CST 2005

* On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> * Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> >
> > isNT should be set by testing real behaviour of API, not by using
> > GetVersion().
>
> The recommended thing to do is check for something that can hint
> of bad things to happen.

Yes, plus that something and GetVersion() doesn't hint that:

(GetVersion() < 0x80000000) gives 0 both under Win98 SE and WinME.
Test crashes under Win98SE but it doesn't under WinME.
I am sure, the versions of crypt32.dll on both boxes are different.

I see no API-related tricks, which would help in such cases.  Except for
tested DLL version check, maybe.  But that may be too hard, too:

we should know not only the version of DLL, isNT value and tested function
name, but we should also see what parameters and what their values can
crash.  This would require a 5-dimensional array of strings, I'd say.

Would anynone here like to maintain such beast?