request small changes to winecfg

wino at piments.com wino at piments.com
Mon Nov 14 12:05:09 CST 2005

Hi,

now that winecfg is reaching maturity it is a great tool, but two things
may merit a small change.

1/ emulate desktop is still at a "historic" size of 640,480 which at least
on my screen is too small to display winecfg's natural height next time I
run it. Would 600x800 be a better default?

2/ Adding dll overrides. On entering a dll name I have the habit of
hitting the Enter key. This triggers the OK button and drops me back to
the command line with the incomplete change being lost. (NO, I dont want
an "are you sure..." message!)
    I dont know where I have this expectation from but certainly a habit I
have formed using other software.  Would it be more intuitive if the enter
key was trapped by the editbox and triggered a click on the "Add" button?
It certainly comes as a surprise when it exits winecfg.

regards.