ATL creates wrong registry entries

Cihan Altinay cihan at uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 20:42:38 CST 2005

Cihan Altinay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For example instead of creating the key
>   HKCR\CLSID\{63623F01-D9C7-11D5-A76B-00008657580F}
> I get
>   HKCR\CLSID\{
> and
>   HKCR\CLSID\63623F01-D9C7-11D5-A76B-00008657580F}
>
> Maybe the trace output from atl helps finding the reason:

Ok, I looked into it again and found a solution. The problem
was that the '{' character was treated as a separator which
is generally correct. But it seems that key names like the one
mentioned above are allowed without single quotes around them.
The attached patch doesn't look very nice but solves the problem.
I am aware that it implies that there must be whitespace between
'{' and the next character if it _is_ a separator. But it seems
the same condition is already true for '}' in the code.
Could Jacek or somebody else who worked on this file comment on
this and tell me if I can submit the patch?

Thanks,
Cihan