Some applications does not work

Rein Klazes wijn at wanadoo.nl
Wed Nov 16 09:31:25 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:20:10 +0200, in gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user
you wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>I found that some applications does not work more. The last successfull version was 20050310.
>For testing I can propose one example : http://hem.bredband.net/alivor/ichat121b6.exe

In general if an application did work in the beginning of this year and
not now, you should try setting the windows version to win98. That used
to be the default, but in the recent versions it has become win2000.

>Now I try to use wine 0.9.1 under FreeBSD (KDE 3.4.0).
>The application above is installed fine but during start I see:
>
>fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 8193
>(SPI_SETFOREGROUNDLOCKTIMEOUT)
>
>I switch to application window:
>
>fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4118
>(SPI_GETTOOLTIPANIMATION)
>fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoW Unimplemented action: 4120 (SPI_GETTOOLTIPFADE)
>fixme:win:AnimateWindow partial stub
>
>These messages appears repeatedly.
>
>I go to options page:
>
>err:mmio:MMIO_ParseExtA No . in szFileName: "MenuPopup"
>
>and window does not appear.

All these messages are probably harmless.

But if I press the "chat options" button it works most times. But I get
in some cases (just keep trying  the options window):

|wine client error:14: read: Resource temporarily unavailable
|err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7befaf00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 000b, blocked by 0014, retrying (60 sec)

or

|wine client error:12: read: Bad file descriptor
|err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7befaf00 "server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 000b, blocked by 0012, retrying (60 sec)

After one of these messages the program is not responding anymore.

CC'ing to the developer list. Hopefully someone there can give a
suggestion.

Rein.