Drop the PFD_GENERIC_ACCELERATED flag?

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 16 15:29:49 CST 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 19:08, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:21:29PM +0100, Peter Beutner wrote:
> > At the moment wine always set the PFD_GENERIC_ACCELERATED flag in
> > X11DRV_DescribePixelFormat. SeriousSam uses this flag to determine if the
> > pixelformat is hardware accelerated. If the flag is set it is interpreted
> > as _no_ hardware acceleration available.
>
> Well, the best way to check this would be to run a test case on a Windows
> box with OpenGL installed and accelerated.
>
> Then create the most standard pixel format (ie double buffer + depth
> buffer) and see what the pixel format is. If it does not fill
> GENERIC_ACCELERATED, we should do the same in Wine.

You can provide a similar behavior with opengl:

from
http://rzaix12.rrz.uni-hamburg.de/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/libs/openglrf/glXGetFBConfigAttrib.htm

<snip>
GLX_CONFIG_CAVEAT  This attribute defines any problems that the GLX FBConfig
may have:

 GLX_NONE
No caveats
GLX_SLOW_CONFIG
A drawable with this configuration may run at reduced performance.
GLX_NON_CONFORMANT_CONFIG
A drawable with this configuration will not pass the required OpenGL
conformance tests.
<snip>

as example you can see wglGetPixelFormatAttribivARB implementation in
dlls/opengl/wgl_ext.c :)

But you must test what windows provide and on which configs

Regards,
Raphael