What would most aid WINE development?

David Lee Lambert lamber45 at cse.msu.edu
Sat Nov 19 18:51:00 CST 2005

wino at piments.com wrote:

> The only real barrier that remains is for sufficient number of
> businesses  and administrations to adopt a strategy where it is no
> longer acceptable  to publish and transmit documents in a format that
> forces the recipient to  have the lastest version of M$ office to read
> and modify a document.

I used to be unable to read Office 2000 and later files with a certain
non-Microsoft Windows word processor and with StarOffice,  but for as
long as I've been using it regularly,  OpenOffice has never had a
problem with any Word document I've been exposed to (and a lot of
professors at my school use Word sometimes).  Perhaps that barrier is
pretty flimsy too?