DirectX 8 wrapper update

Willie Sippel willie at zeitgeistmedia.net
Sun Nov 20 15:19:40 CST 2005

Am Sonntag, 20. November 2005 19:02 schrieb Willie Sippel:
> Am Sonntag, 20. November 2005 18:35 schrieb Oliver Stieber:
> > --- Willie Sippel <willie at zeitgeistmedia.net> wrote:
> > > Out from Boneville, Telltale Games
> > > Shows a black screen as soon as it enters D3D mode - music plays, menu
> > > gives feedback, but it stays black. Used to show stuff without the
> > > patch. Demo available at
> > > http://www.telltalegames.com/products?pc=bn0102&CID=0&dlact=1
> >
> > Hmm.. I can;t get it to run at all, even under windows!
>
> That's strange. It installed just fine with Wine a few weeks ago, using no
> native DLLs IIRC. Maybe it needs the Transgaming MozCtl? I'll try to
> re-install later - maybe it's a regression elsewhere, or it needs funky
> settings...

My bad... You can't get it to INSTALL or won't it START? If it's a problem
with the download applet thingy, you might try the full installer (75MB) at
http://files.vgpro.com/file/3758 - or, if it won't work at all, I could
upload traces with and without the beta patch to my webserver if you're
interested...?

> This one could get rough. Microsoft Games. The intro is a WMV (Wine skips
> it completely), the music hangs (filed bug 3853), a trace shows lots of
> unrecognized D3DFORMATs (1347371332 and 943800644) and stuff... But at
> least it installs and starts, whereas Cedega 5.0 just crashes (installer
> _and_ game). ;-)

BTW, the missing pointer thing also happens with Stronghold 2 (which doesn't
work anyway, multithreaded D3D - bug 3835). But Stronghold 2 is D3D9, so I
don't know if it's the same bug.

Ciao,
Willie

--