Fwd: Re: Fwd: MBR was destroyed

Peter Beutner p.beutner at gmx.net
Sun Nov 20 16:24:59 CST 2005

wino at piments.com schrieb:
> So is the conclusion that users need to set up a special new user with
> super restrictive rights to protect the system from bugs in wine?! My
> confidence in wine has just taken a knock.
It's the other way around.
This never would have been possible with a normal user account. But if somebody "creates a
special user" by extending his rights and putting him into the disks group, he should be
aware of the implications.
I don't think there is a "documentation bug".

Of course that is _not_ an excuse why wine wants to write to the MBR ;)