D3D7 & WineD3D success

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Nov 20 16:20:01 CST 2005

> Doesn't the demo for Tomb Raider 3 rely on wierdo installshield stuff?
> I have the full version of that game (it came with my videocard) and I
> can't get past the installer using the winehq wine tree.
Not that I know... It installed without any problems here. The demo is a
WinZip self extractor, which extracts an old (non-DCOM) installshield
installer, which worked out of the box for me.

But, for the game to run, you have to set the Windows Version to Win98,
otherwise the game will stop with a privileged instruction exception during
startup.

Stefan