[advpack/setupapi] LaunchINFSection

Raphael fenix at club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 20 19:21:31 CST 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 15:33, Markus Amsler wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> James Hawkins wrote:
> >* it would help to add test cases wherever you can even if it's just
> >to check how the function handles parameters.
>
> I'm also working on advpack inf install functions. Perhaps we should
> coordinate our work:
> Here my current Roadmap:
>   1. get tests into CVS (see below)
>   2. fix doinfinstall
>   3. implement RunSetupCommand, Rewrite DoInfInstall, to call
> RunSetupCommand.
>   4. Implement LaunchInfSection, LaunchInfSectionEx on top of
> RunSetupCommand.
>   5. test installers, improve the tests (eg. test for
> Run{Post,Pre}SetupCommand, registry entries, copied files, ..) and fix
> the functions.

:)
For me it is difficult to find a valid test as i had only one application who
need this function (and no windows to valid behavior).

you seems to have planned to implement more functionnalities than me.
So i think you can integrate my patch (or not) and continue :)

> I'm currently on point 1:
> I have written test cases for DoInfInstall, RunSetupCommand,
> LaunchInfSection, LaunchInfSectionEx, and documented my findings (see
> attachement). They pass on my w2k.
> Can some one run this tests on win98?
> Any comments on the patch are highly welcome (my C skills are a little
> rosty).

Your patch seems good for me.

Only one comment, i started to think how to test LaunchINFSection (and before
others complain about missing tests:) ) but complete tests need to have:
 - 3 differents .inf (to test uninstall, rollbacks, partial installs, ...)
 - 1 cabinet file (to test install from .inf extracted from a cabinet)

And currrently i don't know how to test cabinet part (only way i have found
now is to deliver it on test directory)

> Markus

Regards,
Raphael