Fwd: Re: Fwd: MBR was destroyed

seorge seorge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 23:59:34 CST 2005

In Slackware by default the only group which gives the access to some media
devices is the disk group. I can imagine that some other distros use the same
way. Of course this is partially the problem of users like - later I've
created cdrom, floppy, etc. groups, but forget to remove myself from disc
group.
But I also think Wine should not touch places like MBR. Very rarely we even
need to run some applications as root, so it would be a very bad practice if
every of those apps just try to access MBR, when actually no need to do that.