MBR was destroyed

seorge seorge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:03:13 CST 2005

Yes I know, but when it's happend it didn't seems like I performed some
special ations. What we've allready know is that it's happend on Slackware
system with the user added to the disk group. I've launched winecfg, tried to
setup disks automatically, then I've tried to assign D: letter to /mnt/cdrom
point ant It wasn't successfull, because something was allready assigned to
D:. I've clicked once to automatic, more options, manual etc. and thats all.
Zhen I've added my user to audio group, because Wine wasn't able to
access /dev/mixer, and finally I've rebooted my PC and all this ended with
boot error. I always keep a floppy with grub-floppy, so I was able to restore
my MBR.
Yes, and on some of my vfat partitions I've found some dot files created by
Wine.