OpenGL bug in 0.9.1

Oliver Stieber oliver_stieber at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 05:30:27 CST 2005

--- Raphael <fenix at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> On Sunday 20 November 2005 18:28, Daniel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > to Oliver Stiebel and anyone else interested:
> > I reported about a bug in wine 20050930 in October. Then Oliver suggested
> > he might write a little test application for this bug. Well, the bug is
> > still present in wine 0.9.1. Searching the web turned up a simple app
> > for windows which is equivalent to glxinfo under X11 (see [1], it's
> > called wglinfo). As this program reproduces the bug, I thought it might
> > provide a good starting point for a test app.
>
> Hi,
>
> what is the bug ? (buzilla entry number?)
wine3277..

I sent Daniel this small test app:

void main(void) {
    Display *display;
    char    *displayname = NULL;
    int nCfgs = 0;
    GLXFBConfig* cfgs = NULL;
    int att_list[64];
    int att_pos = 0;

    display = XOpenDisplay (displayname);
    printf("%s %s \n",glXGetClientString(display,GLX_VENDOR), displayname);

    ADD2(GLX_RENDER_TYPE, GLX_RGBA_BIT);
    ADD2(GLX_BUFFER_SIZE, 0);
    att_list[att_pos] = None;
    cfgs = glXChooseFBConfig(display, DefaultScreen(display), att_list, &nCfgs);

    if (cfgs == NULL) {
        printf("cfgs is null\n");
    } else {
        printf("Found configs\n");
    }

and it returns cfgs is null which I wouldn't have expected, but it looks like there's a basic
problem with glXChooseFBConfig

Oliver