DirectX 8 wrapper update

H. Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 05:52:35 CST 2005

> Any idea what  NVBF format is? Creating the texture anyway doesn't seem to help so there are other
> things stopping Battlefiel 2 from starting.
>
> Oliver.
>From what I understand from FourCC it's probably a format specific to
Battlefield 2. If I were to guess, I'd say NV stands for nVidia and BF
for BattleField.

On the subject of BattleField 2 (Demo), did you try starting the game
with +fullscreen 0 on the command line? For me, it made the demo get
to the point where it displayed at least displayed an error message. I
don't remember the exact message, but I think it was related to some
shaders not being supported by my graphics card, which could very well
be correct... the game doesn't support my Geforce 4400 Ti on Windows
either, and according to some messages on message boards I read the
error message I got was the same as the one people get on Windows. I
pretty much stopped trying at that point.

I'd look up the exact message, but unfortunately I won't be able to do
that before the end of the week, maybe even later.