Delay in sound with arts sound driver

Dustin Navea speeddymon at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:17:19 CST 2005

When running the installer for starcraft, when moving the mouse over any
of the options, it highlights that option, and plays a sound.  When arts
is set to sleep (to prevent blocking), and using the ALSA driver,
everything works fine, when you move the mouse over the options, the
sound immediately plays..  but when using the aRTS driver, the sound
comes out about half a second after the mouse is moved over an option
and the highlighting appears.  This isnt anything major to me, but
either way, wine shouldn't do that... unless it's something to do with
aRTS, in which case, we could contact the devs there and have them look
into it....  Either way, if anyone that knows how to work on the arts
driver and has a copy of the starcraft cd laying around could take a
look, please do, and if that's not possible, let me know what I can do
to help...

Note that I have not tried playing the game with arts yet, as i'm still
in the middle of finding and reporting apps that dont work.

Dustin