Steam regression of the day

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 22 21:37:04 CST 2005

The networking bug has been fixed, but another problem is that I can't
see any of the text. Appdb mentions something about installing
tahoma.ttf from a Windows installation, which makes no sense to me,
since I could see Steam displayed fine earlier, making this a
regression. Any suggestions as to what might have caused this (or maybe
it was a Steam upgrade?).

Also - Steam has a keyboard focus bug, with a documented patch here
(from Stefan Dosinger):
http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2005/03/0504.html
Previously he reported that the patch might break other apps, but if it
fixes Steam, then it must be on the right track - surely it can be
changed so it's acceptable for Wine CVS. I don't understand why a known
bug with a known patch remains unfixed.